Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pi stagea 4 construction
pi stagea 4 construction [message #47067] Mon, 06 June 2005 03:24 Go to next message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
Hi,

I would like to have the horn in a separate box, resting on top. This would give me the possibility to 'upgrade' the HS-290 later with a nice wooden horn...yes I saw the pics in the craftsmen forum just now.

Q: How much smaller can I make the box, if at all? I'd say maybe make the cabinet 2-4 inches lower...I know I have to recalculate the size of the port as well, sligthly. Also, if I reshape the port, from what I have gathered, the volume is key (or really the mass of the air in the vent), right?

Thanks,

Roland

PS. Thanks Wayne, again. A pleasure this is, business with you. Can't wait to hear these...

Re: pi stagea 4 construction [message #47070 is a reply to message #47067] Mon, 06 June 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The tweeter displaces about 150 cubic inches. You can shrink the box that much if you want, it's about an eighth inch from each side. But the shift from 150 cubic inches is very small, and the direction is downward, which is better than upward.

More important is that you shift the woofer up so that the distance between it and the tweeter is maintained. What I would suggest you do is to keep the box size the same, and use the additional room you'll gain by installing a brace from the front to back panels.

cool, thanks - I'll see how this works out.... [message #47073 is a reply to message #47070] Mon, 06 June 2005 14:28 Go to previous message
roland is currently offline  roland
Baron
I will post pics once it's finished.

Roland

Previous Topic: seven Pi
Next Topic: Will bi-amping work like this?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 21:10:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio