Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, Jbl question please (or who ever)
Wayne, Jbl question please (or who ever) [message #47050] Sat, 04 June 2005 11:49 Go to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I posted this on the "High Eff." forum but got no response. Is there an easy way to remove the bug screens from my 2425H drivers? Or do I just cut them out with an exacto? Looks like there is a little ring that might be grabbed with small needlenose, but thought I'd ask before yanking on stuff.

Thanks,
Russellc

Re: Wayne, Jbl question please (or who ever) [message #47057 is a reply to message #47050] Sat, 04 June 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I didn't reply over on the High Efficiency forum because I don't like to remove the screens. You can cut them out, but if you do so, be sure to open the drivers up every couple of years and clean them out. You'd be surprised how much debris you'll find in them, even if they're used in a clean room in your home.

OK, another wet blanket [message #47060 is a reply to message #47057] Sat, 04 June 2005 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I didn't answer either for the same reason; I wouldn't remove the screens if they were mine.

Also, somebody once posted comaprison freq charts with and without screens - showed no difference - maybe somebody remembers that post and where to find it?

Re: OK, another wet blanket [message #47066 is a reply to message #47060] Sun, 05 June 2005 21:40 Go to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Good enough, I guess I will leave them in. Maybe its my imagination, but it seems to increase the "air" on the high end with the 900 series altecs. Can't comment on the 802, I have several but never one with screens. The 902 series altecs just place it behind a cardboard-like gasket, easy enough to replace, but on the jbl they appear to be attached to a ring which is pressed into the opening, and I didn't want to start yanking things apart without asking. I'll just leave them alone, Thanks.

Russellc

Previous Topic: pro four Pi plans please
Next Topic: seven Pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 09:16:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers