Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pro four Pi plans please
pro four Pi plans please [message #46901] Mon, 16 May 2005 04:08 Go to next message
andreas paulsen is currently offline  andreas paulsen
Baron
Hi Wayne

Could you send me the four Pi plans please ?

Cheers
andreas

You've got mail! [message #46902 is a reply to message #46901] Mon, 16 May 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Re: You've got mail! [message #46905 is a reply to message #46902] Mon, 16 May 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks

The box dimensions you're giving, does that include the loss of bracing the cabinet with a resonable amount of 1x2" lumber?

What is the total volume displaced by the tweeter horn ? - I plan to use my philips ribbons instead (with active crossover) as I have the parts already. Might just use the liberated space for extra bracing.

Cheers
Andreas

Calculating displacement volume with a composite of primitive shapes [message #46910 is a reply to message #46905] Mon, 16 May 2005 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Check out the program called volume.exe in the PiAlign distribution file. I don't recall the volume of the tweeter and horn, but you can easily get a good estimate by calculating it as a composite of primitive shapes. For example, a compression driver or speaker magnet can be calculated as a cylinder, a speaker cone as a cone and a horn as a wedge or pyramid.

Re: Calculating displacement volume with a composite of primitive shapes [message #46915 is a reply to message #46910] Tue, 17 May 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
OK - I'll just do it by hand with my trusting old HP calculator - I'll check out volume.exe though.

How much bracing is allready calculated into the volume of the box?

Cheers
andreas

braces [message #46916 is a reply to message #46915] Tue, 17 May 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Well - after reading a massive amount of old threads It seems that pro-four Pi's are constructed without braces as the cabinet is small and filled with stuff:). I might brace it anyway.

Cheers
Aandreas

removable baffle [message #46929 is a reply to message #46916] Thu, 19 May 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi

Do you suggest making the baffle removable, to be able to tune the port Or should I just biscuit and glue it all together and count on the tuning to be on spot?.
Any benefits of making the baffle 1.5" thick ? I might just do it anyway to be able to flush mount the woofer.

Take care
andreas

Re: removable baffle [message #46931 is a reply to message #46929] Thu, 19 May 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like to avoid removable baffles where possible. They're difficult to brace, and even where bracing isn't required, they tend to reduce strength as compared with a permanently fixed panel.

building [message #46961 is a reply to message #46931] Thu, 26 May 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi all

The quasi pro fours are comming along nicely - made in 3/4 mdf and biscuit jointed. Bracing by a liberal amount of 1x2 and 2x4 pine lumber i found littered on the street in addition to a window brace above the woofer cutout. second cabinet is in glueup while bracing the first. Need to cut and route the baffles and glue them on.

Cheers
andreas
--

Re: building [message #47045 is a reply to message #46961] Sat, 04 June 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Baron
Hmm, just routed the woofer cutout 1 cm to large -- bugger

/andreas

Previous Topic: Finished with S.E.X., what's next?
Next Topic: Wayne, Jbl question please (or who ever)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 17:35:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio