Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Alpha drivers and more (long)
Re: Save some trouble....(unabashed plug) [message #46831 is a reply to message #46828] Fri, 06 May 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
aborza is currently offline  aborza
Esquire
Matts,

Thanks for the "unabashed plug". Nice try. But after 40 years of rolling my own, I'm not going to stop now.

In the past, Joe D'Appolito and Sig Linkwitz have been very kind and helpful to me. In fact, Joe even calibrated one of my measurement mic's. JD'A and SL are masters of the speaker art. And from following their advice I have built many awesome speakers over the years and all the drivers were well documented, as they should be. Unfortunately, none of them are high enough efficiency to do the job I need done now.

From what I have read from his writings, Wayne is also a master of the speaker art. So I presume that he, or somone else, has quantified his production driver specifications to a "T". Hopefully, he, or one of you, will be able to share that data with me.

Rest assured that I will not bite the hand that feeds me. If the Alphas and PSD2002 have appropriate distortion, polar response and stored energy figures, I will be asking Wayne for a quote on the parts I need. I do hope I can get along, "with a little help from my friends". Well, maybe a lot of help. And I hope to be able to call all of you my friends, even though I am only a newbie on this Forum.

BTW, if anyone has measured FR and IMP files in text format for the Alpha drivers and the PSD2002 horn I would love to import them into my CALSOD optimizer. It would be a great companion to Wayne's Spice work in his crossover article. I will be happy to post the results.

Thanks

ab

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Which kit has the highest musical fidelity. Studio 2 or tower 2?..nt
Next Topic: Horn Damping Resistor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 03:33:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout