Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » large woofers, small room, sound quality?
Re: which model of fostex's are you running?? [message #46597 is a reply to message #46595] Tue, 29 March 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Henry Eng is currently offline  Henry Eng
Esquire
I have the older 208 sigma. Tried it in a back-loaded horn. Construction was too much for me, so I decided not to try a second BLH cab. Also put it into Martin King's MLTL but the baffle step circuit sucked the life out of the driver. I also put it on an open baffle and used a Behringer DEQ2496 to flatten the response and it was OK, but obviously no bass.

I've been thinking of a variation of the Dick Olsher Basszilla, by using an active crossover I can make a cheap bass-bin and use a small open-baffle with the 208 on top. Problem is cheap bass-bin may not match well for the dynamic and fast full-range driver. Costs and space are a concern otherwise I would get the same driver Olsher uses, an Eminence Magnum 15HO.

But if I spend that much money, I might as well buy a kit that has been well thought out so that I can get good results from the beginning. The 4Pi looks to be best bet, although the large 15-inch woofer has me concerned about how it will sound in small rooms of 12 x 12 or 15 and variations of that common to most houses.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New power amp IC's as AudioExpress
Next Topic: Full range with seven pi corner horns?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 11:23:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio