Home » Audio » General » Audio Meet at Steve's
Audio Meet at Steve's [message #4632] Sat, 08 December 2007 20:15 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It was really a treat, Steve. Thanks for having us! Your new amp looks and sounds great! Post a picture of it, will you?

Re: Picture? nah. [message #4633 is a reply to message #4632] Sun, 09 December 2007 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Send me the amp.

Re: Audio Meet at Steve's [message #4634 is a reply to message #4632] Sun, 09 December 2007 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sorry i missed it, because of travel.
Akhilesh

Re: Audio Meet at Steve's [message #4635 is a reply to message #4632] Sun, 09 December 2007 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Thanks, Wayne, I had a great time meeting all the locals. It's always nice to make some new audio buddies. By the way, I seem to have acquired a folding camp chair along the way, so whoever owns it, let me know and you can swing by to get it. On the pictures, wish I could, but no digital camera here! Sorry.

Re: Audio Meet at Steve's [message #4636 is a reply to message #4635] Mon, 10 December 2007 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi Steve,

Thanks for hosting out meeting this time around. It was fun meeting with the group, and I enjoyed your system very much too.

I have to say that I enjoyed the 45 SET better than your latest creation, a push pull 6L6 SETH style amp with transformer coupled phase splitter. Even though they were both excellent sounding, just different But, I am sure the 45 triode vacuum tube versus a 6L6 has more to do with it over all. The 45 just has that romance that I have not heard from a pentode output device so far.

I am looking forward to the next event.

My speaker search along with my indecision is about to make me dizzy.
There is not anything quite like chasing ones tail until you fall down from getting dizzy.

Thanks

Norris

Re: Picture? nah. [message #4642 is a reply to message #4633] Thu, 27 December 2007 14:03 Go to previous message
Shane Martin is currently offline  Shane Martin
Esquire
I enjoyed the meet a bunch. I'm sorry I'm blew everyone out of the room with the Depeche Mode song

The testing was quite interesting. The final configuration we had was the best sounding to me I thought.

Previous Topic: Ding-ding-ding, Steve Brown
Next Topic: So was Santa good to you?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 02:28:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout