Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Corner Horn Recommendations
Re: Corner Horn Recommendations [message #46400 is a reply to message #46394] Wed, 23 February 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yeah, I know what you mean. I can only offer two solutions, neither perfect. One, don't use the mid horn, build the original 2 way 7 Pi. the tweeter was mounted on the front panel at the top. No mid horn. Problem...No mid horn! Two, build the 18" woofr version. The top box is the same width. Problem...starting to get much larger. G-R-R-R-RR! I'm getting a headache! How about the 8Pi?
I am considering doing a 7 Pi like the pictures on the Pi site...it shows the mid horn without an enclosure sitting on top, with the tweet on top of that. Looks more clean. I asked wayne about this and he told me it works....but...Problem...You of course get a little back wave reflection off the back of the driver, which is reflected by the corner. It's always a compromise. I have had all six JBL drivers for months and I amstill hung up on building boxes, well, finding someone to do it for me. I started out wanting 4 Pi w/ JBL, But I found an excellent deal on a pair of new in the box 2123H midrange drivers.

Regards, Russellc

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message