Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just want to say Thanks Wayne!!
Just want to say Thanks Wayne!! [message #46289] Thu, 10 February 2005 14:33 Go to next message
Frank Mena is currently offline  Frank Mena
Chancellor
I took your advise and rechecked the wiring for the crossover-connections (which I had done correctly... I knew I wasn't that incompetent!!) added a bit more bracing and took out some R-13 insulation. Holey freakin smokes!!! When I hooked it up to the cheap bookshelf CD/stereo player, Jane Monheit (sp?) sounded fantastic. What a freakin difference. Gone was the muffled sound and in came the nice midrange. Dynamics.. you bet!! Honey Suckle Rose sounded awesome!! Quick, yet fluid. Now on to build those Paramours!!

Thanks Wayne!!

Re: Just want to say Thanks Wayne!! [message #46290 is a reply to message #46289] Thu, 10 February 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Glad everything is sounding good. Keep us posted on your sound system progess and post pics if you can.

Re: Just want to say Thanks Wayne!! [message #46291 is a reply to message #46290] Thu, 10 February 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Will do.... and I forgot to mention these are Theater 4 Pi's I was working on.
Cheers all!
Frank Mena

Re: Just want to say Thanks Wayne!! [message #46292 is a reply to message #46289] Thu, 10 February 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey, I just received that CD from Amazon. Pretty good singer. Easy on the eye too.

Frank, you in T.O.?

Re: Just want to say Thanks Wayne!! [message #46293 is a reply to message #46292] Fri, 11 February 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I work in downtown T.O. (University & King) but live in Guelph
(1.5 hr west near Kitchener). It a long day commuting..but this diy audio stuff really can help take the edge off a day (provided the shorter but higher authority approves!!)

Cheers!!
Frank Mena

Re: Just want to say Thanks Wayne!! [message #46294 is a reply to message #46293] Fri, 11 February 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Not a nice commute. RMW, who just posted about his set of One Pi's below, is in K/W. Good to see more people in this area on the board. I'm a Don Mills guy.

Re: Egg Crate Foam Question(s) [message #46295 is a reply to message #46294] Fri, 11 February 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
GarMan... I was wondering...on one of your online speaker building photo pic's (I think it was your site) I see you used "egg crate" foam to line the inside of a cabinet. What size thickness did you use and is it available locally? Is it a special type or density?
Thanks.Cheers!
Frank

Re: Egg Crate Foam Question(s) [message #46296 is a reply to message #46295] Fri, 11 February 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I used the Egg Crate Foam because I wife did not allow me to use fibreglass. I brought home a roll of the R13, couldn't bring it into the house, sat under the carport for a week and had to return it to RONA.

I got the foam from a local speaker building shop, Audio Hardware Inc. It's what they use in their own boxes and cost approx. $38 for a sheet of 40"x80". Very easy to work with and seemed to have worked well enough for my projects. They sell drivers and network components too, but very expensive. However, their high pricing is offset by their convinence (only 10 min from my house). If I need Solen caps and coils immediately, I go to them. If I can wait, I order them elsewhere.

DVP North, get off the Don Mills South exit, and it's another 5 mins east on O'Connor.

Solen has these sheets too for $10 cheaper. But if you factor in the delivery time and cost ... Your choice.

Gar.

Re: Egg Crate Foam Question(s)... Greatly appreciated (nt) [message #46297 is a reply to message #46296] Fri, 11 February 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Greatly appreciated.
FM

Re: Egg Crate Foam Question(s) - FWIW [message #46298 is a reply to message #46295] Fri, 11 February 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Probably best deal at PE

Previous Topic: Pi Theatre 4?
Next Topic: Great Plains Audio Club Meeting - February 12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 20:15:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio