Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4 pi questions (long)
Theater 4 pi questions (long) [message #46216] Mon, 31 January 2005 06:29 Go to previous message
Frank Mena is currently offline  Frank Mena
Chancellor
I finally finished my 4 pi's and am generally quite satisfied for my first attempt to build speakers. Thanks you Wayne for a great product!

I'm in the process of finishing the Foreplay and starting the Paramours. In the meantime I've hooked up the theater 4 pi's to an old small bookshelf CD player to hear how they sound. Unfortunately, the midrange sounds a little veiled, almost like a small blanket is over the speaker but the highs are nice and strong and clear. Should I wait until the foreplay/paramour combo is finished to further tune the speakers? Or is this a matter of break -in? I have not had many hours on these speakers at all. Perhaps 4-5 hrs in total.

Also, when I switch the speaker wires leads at the back of the cabinet it makes no difference to the sound of the speaker. This leads me to believe I've wired something incorrectly. Is that so? Would lining all sides of the speaker help with the midrange or should I take out some R-13 insulation?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
Frank Mena

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 7Pi driver complement, woofer question
Next Topic: Announcement - New Studio Series
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 18:03:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio