Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » eight pi loudspeaker
eight pi loudspeaker [message #46103] Sun, 02 January 2005 15:38 Go to next message
Mike Centracchio is currently offline  Mike Centracchio
Chancellor
Hi Wayne,
Happy New Year, and thanks for the great web site and forum.
I have a few questions
Is the crossover for the 8 pi corner horn an eminence 1.6 k
reworked? I just happen to have a few and thought I could
put them to use. Also are your midhorns made from plywood?
W hat can I expect for del time for them?
Thanks, Mike

Re: eight pi loudspeaker [message #46104 is a reply to message #46103] Sun, 02 January 2005 15:58 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can start with an Eminence PXB1K6 high-pass crossover or their PXB21K6 two-way. But there's a lot more to it than that. I don't know if you've looked at the schematic or not, but there's a lot more going on than a straight splitter filter. You'll need to add about $30.00 worth of parts to build your woofer and tweeter cable assemblies, and it will probably take a couple hours of your time.

If you already have Eminence PXB1K6 or PXB21K6 crossovers, then by all means, make use of them. You'll need to remove the 10uF capacitor from the woofer circuit of the PXB21K6 crossover, or obtain a 1.0mH coil for the woofer circuit if you have a PXB1K6 crossover. In either case, you'll need an additional 6.0mH coil, 0.47uF polypropylene film/foil capacitor and (14) 16 ohm non-polarized 10 watt resistors per speaker. Be sure the coils have very low DC resistance; We use the Erse 5.6mH coil for the large one in the woofer circuit. Finally, pay attention to the connection polarity of the drivers as it is important.

The midhorns are plywood except for the MDF version. We have some horns in stock now, so we can ship immediately. The woods we don't have take about two weeks for delivery.

Previous Topic: one π bass reflex questions
Next Topic: Happy New Years!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 13 08:56:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout