Home » Audio » General » Physical Isolation Racks
Physical Isolation Racks [message #4589] Wed, 14 November 2007 08:18 Go to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
Is there really a need for special racks? How much difference does isolation make?

All opinions welcome,

Crystal

Re: Physical Isolation Racks [message #4590 is a reply to message #4589] Wed, 14 November 2007 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I would say with a turntable isolation makes a big difference. And with tube equipment as well.

Re: Physical Isolation Racks [message #4591 is a reply to message #4590] Wed, 14 November 2007 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crystal is currently offline  Crystal
Viscount
Makes sense to me. CD players could probably skip less with isolation racks too if the music was loud.

Thanks,

Crystal

My experience is.... [message #4592 is a reply to message #4591] Thu, 15 November 2007 07:04 Go to previous message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hi,

My experience is that they don't make much if any of a difference. I've tried many kinds of isolation devises. None of them made any difference in the sound I heard. It's one of those things that fit into the "I think I heard a difference but it could be in my mind" type of thing. That said, I still use them but I wouldn't expect much of a difference. IMO. I look at them as finishing touches to an already fine system. Of course if you have your CD player on a cardboard box to begin with....:-)

Hope this helps.

Previous Topic: Contenders for fastest shipping
Next Topic: Win with Dagogo - last day to enter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 23:09:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers