Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Very interesting article/experiments
Re: Very interesting article/experiments [message #45893 is a reply to message #45890] Thu, 25 November 2004 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
There are several ways you can setup the system that will work well, but thre are several others that won't. One that I've had success with is using a third-order on the tweeter and the mechanical rolloff of the midhorn. There's also a small inductor on the midhorn that nudges it a bit, but it's only there to attenuate output from breakup modes. It doesn't add anything as far as rolloff slope is concerned.

With this arrangement, I am able to use the same tweeter circuit used in the π two-way crossover, except that the tweeter is connected in reverse polarity. Between the crossover phase angles and the depth of the horns, it allows me to position the horns so that their mouths are flush. This configuration provides increased power handling and dynamic range and also reduced comb filtering anomalies by way of decreased overlap. To me, it is the most attractive solution, both aesthetically and acoustically.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tweeter option for 2 pi
Next Topic: 2pi cabinet change ?
Goto Forum: