Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Hi wayne any new development on the 12 pi sub horn?
Hi wayne any new development on the 12 pi sub horn? [message #45843] Sun, 21 November 2004 07:46 Go to next message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
zeno gabriel

Re: Hi wayne any new development on the 12 pi sub horn? [message #45845 is a reply to message #45843] Sun, 21 November 2004 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm proud to say that Monte Vogt, an excellent mechanical engineer, is helping me develop the cooling system right now. We are making measurements to understand heat transfer requirements first. I've worked with Monte for 25 years and I can't emphasize enough how impressive this guy is. So when he tells me he's optimistic about the system.

First, I'm comparing measurements of the LAB12 in free air and in a 0.6ft3 sealed box, with and without the prototype cooling system. The idea now is to develop the cooling system so it can be used on the 12π horn, but also possibly on others. Basically, there are still a lot of little variables to look at, but I am very happy with what we've found so far.

I'm still shaking my head at the fact that I didn't consider the push-pull plenum before asking Eminence to work on a woofer with a shorting ring. Shorting rings lose effectiveness down low, but the push-pull arrangement doesn't. This combined with the potential improvement of the cooling system is very exciting. Both of these can only do good things, and as improved motors with greater excursion are made available, they can take advantage of these improvements as well.

Thanks for asking; I'll keep you posted as progress is made.

Re: Hi wayne any new development on the 12 pi sub horn? [message #45854 is a reply to message #45845] Mon, 22 November 2004 19:32 Go to previous message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
hi wayne,

thanks and it is good to know that this project is Materializing

zeno

Previous Topic: magnum drivers
Next Topic: Mounting H290 flare ( with driver attached) to front baffle.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 12:26:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio