Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne
Wayne [message #45515] Tue, 05 October 2004 07:40 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hey Wayne

Just wondering what you decided with the tweeter replacement for the 2PI's? I remember you said CTS have discontinued the KSN1038 and you were trying to find a subtitute tweeter.

Adrian

Re: Wayne [message #45517 is a reply to message #45515] Tue, 05 October 2004 08:11 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Funny you should ask, as I just got off the phone with a potential supplier. I think I probably told you that CTS is negotiating to sell the tooling for the tweeters, so that's all up in the air. Right now, I am planning to sample tweeters from a new supplier and if they are of good quality and can maintain QC, then I'll continue to use them. We have plenty of CTS KSN1038's in inventory, so I hope we have enough to get through the transition period.

Two other options I've considered are the Eminence APT80 and the Vifa MG27T. But I like the little one π's and two π's just as they are - They've been virtually unchanged for 25 years. I guess I'm just kind of attached to 'em, so I'm hoping that the KSN1038 vendor transition is smooth.

Previous Topic: 'Family Band' monitors
Next Topic: 2 pi questions:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 25 07:00:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout