Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi center channel speaker
Pi center channel speaker [message #45506] Sat, 02 October 2004 08:30 Go to previous message
LAL is currently offline  LAL
Baron
Wayne,
Have you ever or would you consider designing and selling a Pi center channel speaker, perhaps something along the lines of a JBL4702X? I would think there would be a market for a speaker specifically design to sit horizonally below a TV for home theater. With coming of many new TV designs featuring thin light TV's most owners will placing a center channel underneath the TV a more viable option than a speaker on top as is now frequently done. I would think this would open the door for use of a 8",10' or even 12"woofer in a center channel instead of the 4"-6" MTM designs that seem to dominate the market today. A center channel adept at voice reproduction with the efficiency and dynamic capabilities of Pi speakers would be a big step forward in home theater. I tried one of my Stage 4"s as temporary center channel speaker and it was as close to sound of movie theater as I believe you are going to get. Using a pair of Stage 4's as right and left speakers with a simulated center channel is not same(at least with my processor) as having the dedicated center channel speaker(the dynamic impact of the sound is greatly reduced).
Larry

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi speakers gallery?
Next Topic: Studio 2 Port info?