Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » evil car
Re: evil car [message #45356 is a reply to message #45355] Sun, 12 September 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I checked out your FFT charts.

As I watched the video of those guys in the little car, I wondered if that was a joke for the camera where they didn't really crank it up, just to make you laugh thinking how loud it was. Or maybe they did crank it and the guy got sick, I dunno.

As an aside, here in Tulsa, we have a drag strip where you can get within 10 feet of the launch point, roughly 3 meters. I don't think I've ever heard anything quite as loud as a nitro burning top fuel dragster at this distance. I've been near some of the IASCA competitions and it's loud, but nothing like the top fuelers at launch. The sound is overwhelming, and the smell of unburned and partially burned fuel is so strong it burns your eyes. Not only that, but the burned fuel forms a confetti-like mist of ash that rains down on you. It is amazing to see, hear and feel the effects and to know that a single car making several thousand horsepaower did this.

You gotta see a top fuel dragster sometime. You'll be amazed.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Pi Gallery location has changed
Next Topic: Wayne, any update on new LAB12 woofer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 14:19:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio