Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Wayne, any update on new LAB12 woofer?
Wayne, any update on new LAB12 woofer? [message #45353] Thu, 09 September 2004 18:43 Go to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Title self explainatory... Anything new with that?

Adam

B12 status [message #45354 is a reply to message #45353] Fri, 10 September 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I spoke with them about a month ago and they were still working on it. Here's a post about their response. I'll write to them again and provide status info here.

The thing that's holding them up is the shorting ring. Apparently, the first prototype reduced distortion by the amount required, but not down at as low frequency as required. Distortion improvement was only above 150Hz, and for a subwoofer, that's not low enough. The requirements stated distortion reduction should be down to at least 50Hz. This requires a very large shorting ring, and that in turn requires different materials and placement which also necessitates different machining.

Re: B12 status update [message #45367 is a reply to message #45354] Mon, 13 September 2004 13:05 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Jerry McNutt just replied and said their vendor that supplies the shorting ring was at the plant today and that they hoped to "get it hammered out." So let's cross our fingers that we see some movement soon.

Previous Topic: evil car
Next Topic: Can I get plans for Thermionic 8's?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 03 21:09:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio