Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Heresy components and pi speakers ?
Re: Heresy components and pi speakers ? [message #45324 is a reply to message #45321] Tue, 07 September 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
The 15" driver in the cornwall was an EV driver and the specs can be found on the Klipsch website forum. Since the mid and high freq. drivers are well documented I don't see any reason that they could not be arranged with one of the woofers used in the Pi series to work well.
I would assemble the crossover specifications from Klipsch then post on this forum as I am sure Wayne or someone could help you with it. Just remmember that the Pi 4 is a design that contains very specific components and if you change them it is no longer a Pi 4.
You could just buy the stock 15" EV from the Cornwall and build that speaker. The cabinet could be assembled with the Pi design easily enough then obtain a crossover from the Pi site using the Pi parts and create the EQ. needed for those drivers. Since the Cornwall is a ported design it should be simple to execute.
There should be an Eminence woofer that closely approximates the original Klipsch EV and they are reasonable and available also that may be a way to go.
One more. There is an aftermarket xover design built for the early Cornwall that if you can get the values should work great.
Good Luck, J.R.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Transcendent SE OTL and Pi Thermionic 3's
Next Topic: ideal enclosure volume for alpha 10
Goto Forum: