Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My Eminence Kappa 12 just quit on me :-(
My Eminence Kappa 12 just quit on me :-( [message #45186] Sat, 14 August 2004 05:30 Go to next message
Magnus is currently offline  Magnus
Baron
Now this is strange. When I swithed on the stereo this morning there was no bass/midrange in the left channel of my biamped system. One of the Eminence Kappa 12's had apparently gone south. Neither any DC resistance across the voice coil nor any visible sign of damage. Quite strange for a driver that is rated at 450 W RMS and have been operated with a few watts and well below Xmax. This is really one of those "what could possibly go wrong" situations.

How is the aluminum voice coil attached to the tinned copper leads? Is there some sort of crimp connection here that could break?

/Magnus

Warranty [message #45187 is a reply to message #45186] Sat, 14 August 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Eminence is very good at honoring warranty claims. If it wasn't overpowered, they will replace the speaker for you at no charge. I'd suggest contacting the place you purchased the driver and asking them to handle this for you.

My Eminence Kappa 12 just quit on me :-( [message #45188 is a reply to message #45187] Sat, 14 August 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnus is currently offline  Magnus
Baron
Yes, I will give them a call on Monday. At the moment I do not feel an urgent need for a 17 lbs freezer magnet... ;-)

/M

Re: My Eminence Kappa 12 just quit on me :-( [message #45191 is a reply to message #45186] Sun, 15 August 2004 12:25 Go to previous message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
See if these guys will sell you a recone kit..they charge $45 to do it for you.
http://www.speakerrepair.com/ocsrepairprice.html

Previous Topic: adding a JBL 2360 horn to my 4 Pi's
Next Topic: The eternal quesiton: Tube friendly or not
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 22 18:14:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers