Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Speaking of Pro Amps
Re: Speaking of Pro Amps [message #45140 is a reply to message #45135] Sat, 31 July 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Brad Kizer is currently offline  Brad Kizer
Chancellor
My uncle turned me on to high end audio back in the 70's when I was 15 or 16 years old. That's cool. What is he using for speakers? SPL? How large is his listening area? What I'm getting at is if his bedroom is his listening area I question the need for anything much over 100w. Now if his parents have "regulated" his system to the garage or a large basement area by all means go with the big power. I destroyed a good number of amps and speakers when I was a kid (basement and later they moved me to the garage) because I simply didn't have enough power. You most likely have taken all of this into account because I've seen your posts in various forums. But if not it's something to consider.

You guys are going to laugh but when I visited Randy Slone (Seal Electronics) in 6/04 he had a Pyramid 150w amp hooked up to a pair of Electrovoice pro audio speakers that sounded pretty good for the money.

Brad

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Old style loudspeakers
Next Topic: Pi sevens in a big room