Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » pialign.exe and XP
pialign.exe and XP [message #44965] Thu, 15 July 2004 21:01 Go to next message
bigfish is currently offline  bigfish
Esquire
Wayne or anyone that can help,

I have installed pialign to test some box designs and I cannot figure out how to use the program. I runs in a cmd window but cursor movement is not correct for me using the arrow keys etc. Also how do I use New Load Save. I can quit using the escape key. may be I have been using Windose too long and am now totally DOS brain dead.

also, how can I find pictures of all Pi Speaker designs with dimensions?

thanks in advance,
Eric

Re: pialign.exe and XP [message #44966 is a reply to message #44965] Fri, 16 July 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Check the "readme.txt" file in the PiAlign distribution archive. It will tell you how to use the program. It's an old program and doesn't use the mouse or cursor control keys. It uses the TAB, Backspace, ESC and Return keys instead.

As for photos, there are some on the π Speakers website and some more here.

Thank you and (more) [message #44973 is a reply to message #44966] Fri, 16 July 2004 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigfish is currently offline  bigfish
Esquire
Wayne,

I finally figured out the program and "WOW." Thank you for providing this tool to the DIY community.

I've noticed the 2Pi cabinet is what PiAlign suggests for the Alpha 10 but the tower version and the 8Pi are much larger.

Thanks again,

Eric

Re: Thank you and (more) [message #44977 is a reply to message #44973] Fri, 16 July 2004 16:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

PiAlign is a pretty old tool, but I still find it handy. I like the cabinet it chooses in most cases. The Alpha 10 sounds very nice in a little PiAlign'ed box, but it also works nicely in cabinets up to about 5ft3. The PiAlign'ed cabinet is at the small end of the range of sizes that are suitable for that driver.

Previous Topic: Anyone using Pis for their HT? If so what are you doing for surrounds and center?
Next Topic: more altec pi issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:33:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout