Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mounting of Tweeter
Mounting of Tweeter [message #44867] Thu, 01 July 2004 05:47 Go to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
I am working on building a Seven Pi clone. (Wayne, you have finally made it - people are building "clones" of your speakers :)

It is going to use the new midrange and a 2370-style horn, so it is likely to be quite tall; perhaps as much as five feet tall.

I am planning on building the woofer base separately from the rest; perhaps even separate the mid-range and tweeter, too. (For portability; mainly for bringing it up from the basement!)

Should I put the tweeter underneath the mid-range? It seems like that would be closer to ear level of a seated listener.

Re: Mounting of Tweeter [message #44870 is a reply to message #44867] Thu, 01 July 2004 15:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The tweeter should go on top. It isn't so tall that you're outside the vertical pattern when seated. The midhorn is right at seated listening level, and it has vertical pattern that is just tall enough that standing is nice too. Same thing goes for the tweeter, in that the listener is inside the forward lobe seated or standing. The speaker has been designed for this alignment. The null angles are fairly wide, and they're set with the midhorn positioned right on top of the bass bin and the tweeter on top of that, each being flush at front.

Previous Topic: Theater 4 pi's for Ella?
Next Topic: QUICK! JBL parts for a song. Long Island
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 04:06:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout