Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Did you guys leave me a slice of Pi?
Did you guys leave me a slice of Pi? [message #44836] Mon, 28 June 2004 09:17 Go to previous message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
Several years ago I had nearly all of the parts to build a set
of 4 Pi Pros but then some things came up and I had to scrap them.

Since then I have been thru several more speakers and other HT gear and now I am once again looking to build something from Pi.

Honestly I just cannot afford to do the 4 Pi Pros , right now my current system consists of Klispch RF-3IIs for mains and an RC-3II for a center. These are nice speakers until you crank them up , at which point (to put it bluntly) they begin to sound like crap.

The mains are being pushed with a Parasound HCA-1500A and my Pre-amp is an Aragon Soundstage , source components are a Denon DVD-2200 and a Sony ES 5 disc changer.

Anyways I believe I have a buyer for my front three speakers which will bring me about $700 to play with.
I need speakers that sound good when played loud , not harsh , not strained sounding etc. They don't have to go too low because I have a dual 18" IB sub that fills in the low end nicely.
The Theater 4 Pis are just too big so that does not leave alot..I wish I could afford the 4 Pi pros...anyhow I am not too sure there is a Pi speaker that fits my needs but I thought I'd check in and see what if you guys have any recommendations.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message