Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Curious about Chip Amps?
Re: Curious about Chip Amps? [message #44829 is a reply to message #44814] Sat, 26 June 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wasteh202 is currently offline  wasteh202
Master
Garland

Thanks for you post about the chip amp. I bought a Griffer Powerwave amp a couple months back. I also was very impressed with it. I paid much more than you did for the Target... I think about $100.00 total. My digital amp has only 10wpc.

My finding were simular to yours. I was extremetly pleased with the bass from a amp that had only 10wpc. VERY GOOD BASS ! Mine is stock but these things are being modded.
I hooked the powerwave to my computer and my 2Pi towers to the Powerwave.. WOW ! Nearfield listening with the Powerwave and the Towers was quite reveling ! Also as you said... the highs were rolled off. Not a problem for me as my Towers are a bit too bright for me.

My Powerwave worked best with the computer. For some reason when I conected the digital amp to my preamp and source... I got a slight hum through my speaker. Not a bad one... but noticable enough to bother me in between tracks.

I believe it is only a matter of time and the digital amp will pretty much replace tube and SS amps. Smaller, lighter and cheaper.... and sound good too... how can you loose ? Mine even has a nice pretty blue light that glows for the tube lovers out there that want something pretty to look at while listening to there favorite artist.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Displacement by Horn and Driver?
Next Topic: Pi 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 00:20:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout