Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » studio 2 pi
studio 2 pi [message #44685] Mon, 31 May 2004 11:28 Go to next message
Tom Flahavan is currently offline  Tom Flahavan
Chancellor
I have completed useing 3/4" Birch plywood. Does the port need to be modified? Wayne these sound awesome the way they are. Unbelievable the bass these little speakers create!They are so detailed wow. I must not have braced the towers good enough or something. These are outstanding!!

Re: studio 2 pi [message #44692 is a reply to message #44685] Mon, 31 May 2004 22:07 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm glad you are enjoying your studio two π speakers. You're right to suggest that tower two π speakers need bracing. The studio two's don't but the tower two's really do.

As for port length and baffle thickness, the port needs to be 1 7/8" long entrance to exit. So if the baffle is 3/4" thick then the port tube should extend that another 1 1/8" for a total of 1 7/8". All the cabinetmakers I've used have cut the baffle so that the duct fits snug inside the baffle cutout, so the duct was actually as long as specified. But I've heard that some fit the duct flush to the baffle and glue it on edge. At any rate, the port length is 1 7/8" entrance to exit.

Previous Topic: What is the best way to "flush mount" speaker drivers?
Next Topic: Here we go again. Merits of 2" compression vs cone midrange
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 05 06:54:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout