Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Heart Stoekit Amp + eight π loudspeakers
Heart Stoekit Amp + eight π loudspeakers [message #44617] Fri, 14 May 2004 02:07 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Check out what FSAudio is doing! They're offering the amp below on a trial basis to anyone who asks. Then, after the trial period, they've arranged a group purchase at reduced prices for ART members. Click the link below for more details from FSAudio.

I'm just knocked out by this amp's looks; If it sounds as good as it looks, I'll have a new favorite here. I'm really excited about the possibilities, and I'm itching to hear this little amp with a pair of the new eight π loudspeakers.

Stoekit Junior

• Integrated stereo amplifier
  • 9 watts per channel
  • Two ECL82 tubes per channel.
  • Two RCA inputs with input selector switch on the front.
  • Volume control.
  • Tube complement: 4 x ECL82.
  • Dim (WxDxH): 20cm x 27cm x 13cm (7 7/8" x 10 5/8" x 5 1/8")
  • Deep blue case with silver front and black transformer hoods.

I'm really glad FSAudio became an ART sponsor.

• Re: Heart Stoekit Amp + eight π loudspeakers [message #44623 is a reply to message #44617] Sat, 15 May 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
    Illuminati (13th Degree)
    Wayne; Will you be using this amp with the 8Pi's(sorry I can't find that little greek symbol you use). I would really enjoy hearing your impression of that combo. Never have heard anything but the 4's and I am very curious concerning upper level Pi's and their sound. One thing, how do you find the time? J.R.

Re: Heart Stoekit Amp + eight π loudspeakers [message #44624 is a reply to message #44623] Sat, 15 May 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)
    Time is indeed rare for me these days. That's why projects that should get off the ground fairly quickly take a couple months to finalize. Duncan McBride has nearly finished his eight π speakers and I haven't even had time to do working drawings of them yet. People are working from incomplete drawings on napkins over here.

I'd like to pair this amp with the eight π speakers 'cause they're both exciting and new. I think this amp would be a fine match for two π's and Theater four π speakers too.

You can make the π character using π in your text. Surround it with a text size tag if you want to make it a specific size, i.e. π. But that only works in the body of a message.

To insert it in the subject line, you'll have to copy and paste the π character, or select "Symbol" as your font and type a lowercase "p." You'll also need to make sure that the browser window is using UTF-8 encoding (set in "View - Encoding - Unicode UTF-8" in your browser). This is supposed to be automatically done by the forum software here, and it is written to do that. But Sheri has to do some work on the server to make it happen.

It used to work on the development box, but stopped when she moved to the production box. It's been sort of low on the list of priorities, so I haven't pressed the issue. But I'm anxious for her to solve it since until that's done, all index pages show the π symbol as "π" unless the browser is manually set to display UTF-8.

"People are working from incomplete drawings on napkins." [message #44652 is a reply to message #44624] Sun, 23 May 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
    Master
    Standard Engineering practice.

Re: "People are working from incomplete drawings on napkins." [message #44653 is a reply to message #44652] Sun, 23 May 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)
    You're right, that's true.

Absolutely [message #44654 is a reply to message #44653] Sun, 23 May 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
    Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
    Master
    I should have put a smiley face, since the comment was made tongue-in-cheek. But the best humor has some truth in it!! :)

I worked as a computer programmer for some time, developing electronic design automation tools for (very busy) electrical engineers. One of the things that I learned to do was to pin them down carefully on the specs of the tool that they wanted me to write for them. They were very napkin-oriented. I think that any programmer or engineer learns how important specs are in order to avoid misunderstandings and missed expectations. Of course, the specs almost always change on the fly, but that, too, can be better dealt with.

Re: Absolutely [message #44655 is a reply to message #44654] Mon, 24 May 2004 00:06 Go to previous message
    Illuminati (33rd Degree)
    Yep, I thought of putting the big smiley face on my post, 'cause I knew exactly your meaning. We all make grinning comments about our best work being done in diners on napkins too. Your best thinkin' is always done there or in the bathroom.

Hey, one more thing. Check out the post in General about BPL.

Previous Topic: Off topic - cooking
    Next Topic: Wayne, no more 10 pi?
    Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 09:34:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
    DIY Audio Projects
    OddWatt Audio
    OddWatt Audio
    Pi Speakers
    Pi Speakers
    Prosound Shootout