Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 8pi question
8pi question [message #44645] Thu, 20 May 2004 08:57 Go to next message
Duncan McBride is currently offline  Duncan McBride
Baron
Wayne, the coils are backordered at Parts Express until 5/28 anyway. I'm hoping that since the 8pi kits are available, you have them in stock now and can give me a quote? Also, will I need the extra gaskets for the Alpha 10 in the 8pi, or are they just advisable for the Delta and JBL drivers in the midhorn application?

I think this is all I'll need to complete the speakers - hope to have the cabinets finished this weekend and start on something for the horns. I'm thinking of the VOTT arrangement where the horns are left out in the open on top the cabinet and wondering how much support is needed for the H290's. Has anyone just fabricated some kind of bracket/stand for the 290's? If this were done, could the flange at the front of the horn be cut off, for appearance's sake? Just thinking.

Re: 8pi question [message #44646 is a reply to message #44645] Thu, 20 May 2004 14:03 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You'll want the gaskets for the Alpha 10 and we have them in stock. As for the coils, I expect to have them any day now but they haven't arrived yet. I don't plan to sell the coils individually, but since you've already purchased our crossovers I'd be happy to make them available to you if you'd like.

About HF horn mounting, Bill Martinelli makes a stand for his wood horns but there is no such thing for the H290's. I'd suggest making a small box for them and I think that would be an attractive solution.

Previous Topic: P.audio driver.
Next Topic: Off topic - cooking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 29 13:22:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout