Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » mid range horn for the pi 4?
mid range horn for the pi 4? [message #44604] Tue, 11 May 2004 23:07 Go to next message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
hi wayne,

will the mid (horn alpha 10) suitable to sit om the pi 4?

thanks

gabriel

Re: mid range horn for the pi 4? [message #44605 is a reply to message #44604] Tue, 11 May 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I like the simple design of the four π speaker just the way it is. The drivers chosen work very well together.

There's just a little more to it than that too. The π cornerhorn is very well suited to the addition of the midhorn, both because of its layout and by the way the passive crossover binds each subsystem together as a whole. Everything fits nicely. In fact, the π cornerhorn was originally designed to be done this way.

You can also build a nice three-way with a baffle-mounted direct-radiating woofer. It will improve IMD, but in this case, I believe that the added complexity and cost isn't justified. I really like the four π speakers just the way they are.

Re: mid range horn for the pi 4? [message #44606 is a reply to message #44605] Wed, 12 May 2004 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeno is currently offline  Zeno
Master
thanks wayne,

that's mean if i want the mid horn i will have to convert my pi 4 to pi 7 or i just build another pair of Pi 8 right?

gabriel

Re: mid range horn for the pi 4? [message #44607 is a reply to message #44606] Wed, 12 May 2004 11:37 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You could certainly use a midhorn with a four π speaker. It would work just fine making the midhorn horn flush with the baffle. But if you have the corners, I'd suggest going with the seven π configuration instead.

Previous Topic: Pi vs Super Sound Boomers
Next Topic: Peavey 10" Scorpions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 23:25:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout