Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi vs Super Sound Boomers
Differential lube for limited slip units [message #44603 is a reply to message #44602] Mon, 10 May 2004 13:58 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sounds good. I'm supposed to help Garry list a bunch of his Peugeot stuff for sale Wednesday too, so maybe we'll get together right after work for a couple hours before our other projects.

Two more things I failed to mention:

1. You mispronounced battery in your first post. It's pronounced "Bat-ry" - No "E" in there. Think like Larry from Meadowbrooke.

2. I pulled the axle from the Olds on Saturday and took it and the new bearing in to Moritz machine shop today. They said it will be ready tomorrow. I probably could have asked to get it back later today but what the hell, this is motorcycle weather anyway.

Working on those Wilwood brakes is smoooooth. Removing them to get to the axle bearing is a snap. There's only one trick you gotta know, and that's to use a gear puller to remove the "hat." The disk is a two-piece deal and Wilwood calls the part that connects the disk to the hub a "hat." Looks just like a pie plate.

What would you recommend for differential lube? You remember that it has a limited slip unit in there, and I seem to recall that there's a different lube with additives for that. I wrote an E-Mail to Moser Engineering, where I got the Ford nine inch housing and the pumpkin and stuff. But I think they sell their own label of lube, and I'd rather get something from around here. Whatcha think?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 8pi cabinet questions
Next Topic: mid range horn for the pi 4?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 07:38:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio