Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Midrange horn question
Midrange horn question [message #44561] Mon, 03 May 2004 14:02 Go to next message
Duncan McBride is currently offline  Duncan McBride
Baron
I think I know the answer, but I'm cutting the speaker mounting plate and I need to locate it on the back of the horn. The question is where the speaker cone is in relation to the 4.5 inch throat. If I fasten the mounting plate to the rear of the horn, the speaker will be displaced from the throat by the width of the plate (in my case, 3/4"). So should I route out the hole in the mounting plate so it fits over the back of the horn, placing the rear of the plate flush with the throat? It means cutting an angled hole in the plate to fit over the taper of the horn. Seems like the width of the plate would be a factor somehow.

Re: Midrange horn question [message #44563 is a reply to message #44561] Mon, 03 May 2004 16:25 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You're right, the width of the plate figures into the front chamber volume. The 3/4" plate you have is just fine, make the hole square and have the flare angle begin with side, top and bottom panels. There is no need to bevel the mount plate throat cutout so that it matches the flare angle.

Previous Topic: Help a single driver noob
Next Topic: Pictures of my projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 05 08:20:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout