Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi-8
Pi-8 [message #44522] Thu, 29 April 2004 17:50 Go to previous message
Duncan McBride is currently offline  Duncan McBride
Baron
Hey I just ordered a pair of PSD2002s and H290s so I can convert my 2pi towers to 8pi near-the-corner horns. The crossover discussion is a little sketchy for me (I'm an economist with soldering/woodworking skills) I'm looking at the third order crossover with the tweeter compensation network on page 62 of your paper, and I guess I could glue two of these together. The instructions you stated for the woofer circuit leave me in doubt as to exactly which side of the 8ohm resistor the 4ohm resistor goes. This poor flux-stained wretch could use some help. An 8-pi crossover kit, perhaps, or if you don't have those ready yet, a diagram whose dots I could connect. I have a magnifying glass.

BTW, I'm listening to some favorite stuff on my 2pi towers through recently completed Bottlehead Foreplay and Paramours, and having a lot of fun. Everything sounds better - I keep pulling CDs out to see what they'll sound like, and I keep getting amazed. Outstanding. I found an old TV/Radio repair shop where I could buy some tubes (a 12AU7 in the Foreplay had a hum) and I had to listen to the guy go on about how old tube designs had lots of distortion, but people who had grown up with that old sound just liked it, he guessed. I kept saying, "I guess you're right". No accounting for taste.

When you get a chance, let us know what to expect in regard to nailing down the last details on the 8-pi. Many thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can't get home
Next Topic: 8pi tube electronic xover