Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi One and Pi Two comparison
Pi One and Pi Two comparison [message #44500] Mon, 26 April 2004 09:19 Go to next message
KT is currently offline  KT
Esquire
Well, as you can see from my previous post regarding kit pricing, I'm interested in purchasing a kit.

Before I buy, I'm wondering which would be a better speaker for me. I value articulation and intimacy in the midrange most of all. Bass performance is important, too, but secondary.

Aside from the extra bass extension that a 10" driver would provide, is the performance in the midrange similar enough that I should just go ahead and get the 10" Pi Two, or do the 8" drivers have an advantage?

If anyone has experience with both kit, I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
KT

Re: Pi One and Pi Two comparison [message #44505 is a reply to message #44500] Mon, 26 April 2004 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The one π and two π speakers sound very much alike in the midrange. I think most will agree. But there is a slight difference, as you might expect.

The two π speaker definitely has more bass. But the one π probably has just a little clearer upper midrange in the overtone region.

If your room is very small or you have subwoofers, the one π is very nice. But the two π's have a fuller sound because of the lower bass. The two π towers produce very low bass. People that don't use subwoofers generally prefer the two π and two π tower speakers over one π speakers. But if you don't need the bass because you use subwoofers, you might prefer the one π speakers instead.

Thanks, Wayne! [message #44509 is a reply to message #44505] Mon, 26 April 2004 19:16 Go to previous message
KT is currently offline  KT
Esquire
I'll be putting in an order once I figure which may be best for my room.

Best,
KT

Previous Topic: First Timer Questions
Next Topic: Pi 4 differences/ whos using a 811B?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 03:47:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio