Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Cornerhorns without Cornerhorns.
Cornerhorns without Cornerhorns. [message #44445] Thu, 22 April 2004 13:10 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Can I get the cornerhorn effect of the 6-PI and 7-PI speakers without building the cornerhorn cabinet? But instead, replicate the corner geometry by placing a bass reflex in a room corner?

Gar.

Re: Cornerhorns without Cornerhorns. [message #44446 is a reply to message #44445] Thu, 22 April 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne can probably anser it better, but I don't see why not. The only thing that may suffer is your mid frequencies. 400+ Hz dosen't like going around corners to much, so you'd need some sort of midrange and/or other smaller speaker crossed over that's pointing directly in the room to help fill in the mids+highs.

On my system I'm running 1 old Cerwin-Vega 317P Hardrocker, which is a 15" reflex loaded enclosure, but the port fires out the back into the corner, on top of that I'm bi-amping to a an old pair of Marantz 10" 3-way's. Everything balances out pretty good, it's somewhat hard to tell where the lows are coming from because of the corner loading and the 100Hz/12db octave x-over on them.

So turn one of your speakers in the corner give it a listen see what you think. That's half the fun of doing this hobbie, experimenting.

HTH
Bill W.

Re: Cornerhorns without Cornerhorns. [message #44448 is a reply to message #44445] Thu, 22 April 2004 16:24 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Yes, you sure can.

Previous Topic: A few questions from a non DIY guy.
Next Topic: studio 2 towers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 21:31:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout