Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Two pi tower dimensions
Two pi tower dimensions [message #44340] Thu, 08 April 2004 23:54 Go to next message
socalguy is currently offline  socalguy
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

On your site, it says that the dimensions for Two Pi towers is 46x16x13. Is it alright to go a "touch" bigger?? Is 48x14x15.5 OK? It's less than 0.5 ft3 (outside) I only ask because my friend and I want to build two different kits (won't name the other) to A/B for fun, and it would be MUCH easier to build two pairs of boxes exactly the same size. I realize they wouldn't be stock or "Pi-approved" then, but wasn't sure how much difference it would make. Thanks for your info. Can't wait to make some Towers!

Rich

Re: Two pi tower dimensions [message #44341 is a reply to message #44340] Fri, 09 April 2004 00:05 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sure, you can make them larger but be careful. Alignments like this are actually pretty sensitive to cabinet size and can get peaky in a hurry. Some alignments are pretty forgiving, but this one pushes the woofer as deep as it can. Those tend to get a bit less forgiving. So try to keep your internal volume the same.

Previous Topic: Subwoofer project Zmax
Next Topic: Integration of mid and sub into theater 4's
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 18:53:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout