Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Home Theater w/ PI questions
Home Theater w/ PI questions [message #44326] Tue, 06 April 2004 16:55 Go to previous message
Michael Brown is currently offline  Michael Brown
Esquire
Sorry in advance for the long note and all the questions.

I'm building a Home Theater / Game / Bar combo room. Based on the rave reviews for PI and a hankering to build something, I plan on going DIY.

The room will be ~ 25x33 with a 8 to 15' vaulted ceiling (the vault's center line is along the long axis & LCR / Screen at the narrow end so the LCRs may have ceiling reflection issues). Room will have a lot of wood including ceiling, floors & beams. Pretty, but lots of volume needs (10000 cubic feet of air) and opportinities for ugly reflections.

Equipment I already have, which I'd like to use to get me started for this application: Sub - VMPS Larger Megawoofer (specs here http://www.vmpsaudio.com/sub1.htm ) & NHT SA-3 mono amp, Surround AMP - Rotel 1095 250w x 5 to drive 5 of the speakers.

1) What do you suggest I use for the PI L/R Center and Surrounds for this application?

2) I was looking at the Theater fours & sevens, would that be enough to get decent theater level decibels at prime seating (~15 feet back from the Center) using the Rotel?

3) Do you have any Surround, Dipole, Center channel kits in the works?

4) Should I use the four pi all around accept for the LRs in a 6.1 - 7.2 setup? I've got 3-4 months before construction is complete, so plenty of time to sell / buy / build components.

5) Do I have enough sub, should i get another one, should I sell this one and build yours, if I build yours would I need two.

6) Is the Rotel above a decent amp for this application and what would you suggest for the LRs another Rotel?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: JBL high freq for audiophile Pi 3-way