Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Compensation Network connection
Compensation Network connection [message #44232] Tue, 23 March 2004 19:53 Go to next message
HaknHendrix is currently offline  HaknHendrix
Chancellor
About to solder the tweeter compensation resistors together, along with the capacitor. I hope this diagram is understanble, but want to make sure I've got it before I commit solfer.

The diagram below should represent 4 pairs of 16 ohm resistors in parallel serial combination.

Top View of Resistor Pack

O----O----O----O

O----O----O----O

Bottom View of Resistor Pack

T1------O----O O----O-----C3
|
|
T2------O----O O----O
| |
|-||-|
C1

Thanks
Hakn

Re: Compensation Network connection [message #44233 is a reply to message #44232] Tue, 23 March 2004 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Not sure if this is what your looking for, but I think it is.

See this post: http://www.audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/13262.html

Adrian

Re: Compensation Network connection [message #44262 is a reply to message #44233] Wed, 31 March 2004 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HaknHendrix is currently offline  HaknHendrix
Chancellor
OK - I'm ready to fire up the soldering iron - well almost.

I sharpened my pencil, diagrammed the compensation network based on the 4 Pi schematics Wayne sent me - lots of lines connecting the resistors (series/parallel), and built a 3 dimensional model out of cardboard. I then looked at the URL sent to me with the attached graphic:

http://www.audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/messages/13262.html

and modeled this out of cardboard - and they are two different beasts.

So, if I duplicate the compensation network based on the picture provided via the URL - I feel like I should be Good to Go. It will be connected to the Eminence PCB.

The woofer compensation network looks easier - connect the dummy resistor to the capacitor, and connect the leads in parallel prior to connecting to the woofer.

Re: Compensation Network connection [message #44268 is a reply to message #44262] Wed, 31 March 2004 17:04 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I have a suggestion. When you build-up your cluster of four resistors to make R1 and another four to make R2, measure them with a DVM to make sure the result is 16 ohms for each one. It's just a series-parallel connection that is physically shaped in a way that's convenient.

Previous Topic: Basshorn plans please - Wayne
Next Topic: help on Beyma 12" midbass driver enclosure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 08 19:02:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout