Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Updated Studio 2 Tower Construction Pix
Sweet! [message #44168 is a reply to message #44164] Tue, 16 March 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That is one sweet subwoofer.

Re: Beautiful! [message #44169 is a reply to message #44163] Tue, 16 March 2004 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Man, you've made a lot of cool speakers. I like your Straight 8's and your four π's. Classy looking. And those single driver speakers look like they're probably pretty nice sounding too, 'specially with the Welbourne amps. I like the Antique Electronics K502 amp too. It's probably a little more sensitive to its load, but very satisfying and nice sounding.

As an aside, did you see the tubes4HiFi EL34 kit that manualblock was talking about? He sent me some photos and it looks like a great deal. I'm going to post them on a image hosting site in the morning, so watch for his posts in the tubes forum and/or here.

Re: And A Few More . . . [message #44170 is a reply to message #44162] Tue, 16 March 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You're gonna hate me for telling you this: It's been above 60o here in Tulsa for over a week.

Currently, I didn't realize . . .: [message #44171 is a reply to message #44164] Wed, 17 March 2004 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elektratig is currently offline  elektratig
Grand Master
that you were the famous Bill Epstein. I've followed your posts and visited your site for a long time. Your stuff is amazing, and your tips on techniques and materials have been incredibly helpful.

Re: And A Few More . . . [message #44172 is a reply to message #44162] Wed, 17 March 2004 03:47 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Ya mite try veneering the MDF and then joining the solid piece leaving it (the solid) slightly thicker than the MDF. Then sand the solid down to meet the veneer. Alternatively, leave a reveal between the veneer and solid with a V-Groove or Core Box bit or even just chamfer with a block plane to accentuate the joint rather than trying to hide it.

Previous Topic: More sorta 2Pi's already posted on ART-speakers
Next Topic: MAG12 Subwoofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 12 10:27:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout