Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » CrossOver questions on 4 Pi
CrossOver questions on 4 Pi [message #44087] Sat, 28 February 2004 18:48 Go to previous message
HaknHendrix is currently offline  HaknHendrix
Chancellor
After receiving the Pi crossover schematics from Wayne, and following a bunch of threads on the subject in the forum, I think I am almost there.

In consideration of using the PXB2-1K6 Eminence crossover for the 4 PI theater (Delta 15a, PSD2002), I would like to confirm and get suggestion on the following:

Tweeter Compenstion: R1, R2, and C1.

R1 and R2 would be constructed from two sets of four 30 ohm, 10 Watt resistors. This would provide a create a 16 ohm, 40 watt network. Would use PE part number: 004-30.

C1 - not much luck in tracking down a 0.47 uF, 200V (NP) capacitor - any suggestions?

Woofer Zobel configuration: C5 and R3.

R3 - requires an 8ohm resistor. Please advise as to what dummy load resistor would be appropriate, the 100 watt or the 200 watt version (019-020 or 019-030 respectively).

C5 - 20 uF - what voltage rating would be advised and what PE partnumber would be appropriate?

By the way, I will be using a 100W SS amp for the time being - does this impact the crossover componentry?

Thanks in advance!
Hakn

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Passive Line Level Compensation Network?
Next Topic: Audiophile Pi7 plans please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 09:20:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout