Home » Audio » General » Congratulations, Tulsa
Congratulations, Tulsa [message #4401] Wed, 11 July 2007 20:17 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Said Hasta entonces to Steve and Ronna Brown tonight.

Could be some amazing gear being built in Tulsa once Steve gets together with Wayne, Akhilesh, et. al.

Interesting things happening further south, tho'. A get together at ColinHester's this weekend should help with the loss.

70 Miles From Nowhere gonna' seem even farther away...

Re: Congratulations, Tulsa [message #4402 is a reply to message #4401] Wed, 11 July 2007 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Wow! Excellent! I'm happy for us but sad for you and Colin.

I'll be sure and show Steve around and get him involved. You guys will just have to come see us at the next LSAF!!!

Re: Congratulations, Tulsa [message #4403 is a reply to message #4402] Thu, 12 July 2007 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Well, I'll miss the Ohio crew, that's for sure - Bill, Ron, Colin, et al! But we're looking forward to getting to Tulsa. I'll be there starting Sunday and "hotelling" for a few weeks (hopefully not longer) until the house here is sold. Aanyone want a house in Columbus? Anyone know of a job for my wife? Oh, and we're already making plans for the Denver show and of course we'll plan to all meet up at the LSAF!

Re: Congratulations, Tulsa [message #4404 is a reply to message #4403] Thu, 12 July 2007 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What hotel will you be in? If you haven't already decided, let me suggest that there are several hotels that offer weekly/monthly rates and have refrigerators and ovens and/or microwaves. I did a lot of work out of town last year and staying in those was much better than rooms without refrigerators and microwaves. Tulsa has Amerisuites, Candlewood Suites, Extended Stay, Residence Inn and Springhill Suites. Check those out if you haven't already booked a room.

Re: Congratulations, Tulsa [message #4407 is a reply to message #4403] Sun, 15 July 2007 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Hi Steve and family, welcome to Tulsa.

I am looking forward to meeting you and your family. And hopefully in time, asking you some questions about amplifier construction details.

About your wife getting a job. The economy in Tulsa seems to be going pretty good right now. She should not have too much trouble finding something.

My wife works at Saint Frances hospital / Warren clinics, one of the largest employers in the Tulsa area. I think they have around 9,000 employees in the area between their clinics and hospitals.
This would be a good place for her to start looking. And of course, there is American Airlines, another large employer here.

Welcome again to Tulsa.

Norris and Diana Wilson

Thanks! [message #4410 is a reply to message #4407] Sun, 15 July 2007 11:14 Go to previous message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
I'll make the suggestion that she look up those employers.

Previous Topic: Eico HF85... "persistent hum"
Next Topic: Can you help me identify this?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Aug 15 16:28:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio