Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » UHF driver selection suggestions and thoughts?
Re: Slot vs Bullet [message #43660 is a reply to message #43659] Wed, 14 January 2004 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I like the JBL 2405 first and foremost simply because it is a great sounding driver. The fact that it has a wide horizontal pattern and narrow vertical is a bonus, since that's where the energy is most useful. But to be honest, the pattern is a little wider than I'd like and its frequency range makes it impossible to use with the speakers I make these days. I'm more into uniform directivity and these require too high a crossover point for that philosophy, making the vertical null angles too narrow. But the driver itself is very good sounding to me, and for speakers that aren't designed for a uniform 90x40 pattern, this is an excellent choice. When compared with a bullet driver that has a round pattern, at least the 2405 has limmited vertical dispersion, which is a good thing in my opinion. One surely doesn't want celing slap from a tweeter with a tall vertical coverage angle.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Can someone recommend a 15" for subwoofer?
Next Topic: Eminence's new offerings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 08:56:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout