Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pic of finished Prem. Stage in Theatre 4 Pi
Pic of finished Prem. Stage in Theatre 4 Pi [message #43569] Mon, 05 January 2004 19:45 Go to next message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount

Final Remarks.

The port hole is 7" - I couldn't find any port tubes that size but I'd still like to clean up the view into the port hole. The woofer: Bill E had a Delta Pro in there - it doesn't orient in any particular way like the Kilomax - so the woofer will forever be crooked as I'm too lazy(read:I've spent too much time on this project already) to go to all the trouble of drilling new holes, filling the existing, etc.

Thanks again everyone - Bill E(original cabs), Ron(stockpiler of all things audio), Wayne(all the emails with Boxplots etc to fit the premium stage into the theatre 4 pi plans), Brian(delivered them to Toronto for me)

regards
Craig.

ps. I've yet to hook it up as I'm still finishing the second one and have yet to start my centre channel speaker.

Re: Pic of finished Prem. Stage in Theatre 4 Pi [message #43572 is a reply to message #43569] Mon, 05 January 2004 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those look really great. I'll bet they sound great too!

You might use a grill cloth or mesh to cover the bottom section with the port and woofer. Or maybe just stretch acoustically transparent grill cloth or foam over the port hole. Some people paint the insulation black immediately behind the port, which is a good look too.

I'd probably be one of those that painted the inside of the cabinet near the port flat black. To me, that's a great look, and it would probably work well with your black leather finish.

Re: Pic of finished Prem. Stage in Theatre 4 Pi [message #43575 is a reply to message #43569] Tue, 06 January 2004 08:48 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Craig,
Those look really nice. Great job! waiting to see your comments on the sound quality!!!
Cheers, Ron

Previous Topic: Subscription
Next Topic: Theatre 4 pi plans, please.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 02:27:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers