Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » T-nut spinning in place - what to do?
T-nut spinning in place - what to do? [message #43492] Sun, 28 December 2003 20:50 Go to next message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount
I have a t-nut spinning in place and I can't reach around the woofer with the play I have to grab the t-nut. Short of ripping the cabinet apart(these are the Karlsons by Bill Martinelli) - anyone have any ideas how I may get the t-nut to grab or how to take the head off the allen bolt?

thanks
craig.

Re: T-nut spinning in place - what to do? [message #43494 is a reply to message #43492] Sun, 28 December 2003 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Perhaps you can pull the T-Nut to drive it into the wood. Here's a possible solution:

Get a very long screw with the same threads and replace the one you have in there now. Then, rather than drive the screw all the way down, simply use it as a sort of handle to pull the T-Nut into the wood. Once you've pulled it into the wood a little bit, reinsert your standard screw and tighten it down.

Just a thought.

Re: T-nut spinning in place - what to do? [message #43501 is a reply to message #43492] Mon, 29 December 2003 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john is currently offline  john
Baron
A c-clamp works great for pressing T-nuts all the way in.

Re: T-nut spinning in place - what to do? [message #43506 is a reply to message #43492] Tue, 30 December 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GraemeG is currently offline  GraemeG
Baron
If I am to assume from your question that you are trying to REMOVE the bolt, then an allen head bolt makes things a little easier. Grip the bolt FIRMLY with pliers and pull outwards whilst turning the bolt - the barbs on the t-nut should stop it turning with the pressure on.

Cheers

Re: T-nut spinning in place - what to do? [message #43545 is a reply to message #43492] Fri, 02 January 2004 19:56 Go to previous message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount
To remove the allen bolt I had to drill through it. It took a few days to think of that though.

craig

Previous Topic: 6 Pi plans
Next Topic: Pi 2 photos
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 11:26:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers