Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pi 2 photos
Pi 2 photos [message #43500] Mon, 29 December 2003 13:04 Go to next message
Ubu is currently offline  Ubu
Esquire
Hi everybody, thanks for a great forum and thanks, Wayne, for the #8 screws ya mailed me. These were purchased in June and finished about a month ago. MDF cabs are glued with urethane (gorilla). R13 inside. The entire backs of the tweeters and the baskets of the woofers are dampened with mortite. The drivers were mounted with a seal of some black speaker mounting stuff I got from parts express. The woofers are flush mounted. They are currently running on an RCA PP el84 I rehabbed and a sony cd. I have speaker stands but SAF is low so they are not in use... We prefer the sound this little inexpensive setup puts out over the wharfdale/nad/sonycd for many types of music. Much more detail and so smooth. And thats with a $50 walkman cd player! The color is close to what you see although the red is actually a deep oxblood. They look black untill you get within a few feet and then you can see the detail. A dynaco st-70 is my next project and then probably a bottlehead foreplay. THEN some Theatre 4's......

Karl aka Ubu

Seriously cool! [message #43502 is a reply to message #43500] Mon, 29 December 2003 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Those are seriously cool lookin'!!!

I just love seeing everyone's different build styles.

can't get your website to load (NT) [message #43503 is a reply to message #43500] Mon, 29 December 2003 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Awesome Finish! [message #43508 is a reply to message #43500] Tue, 30 December 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Is that your own secret formula or a commercial finish or what? They turned out great!

John

Re: Awesome Finish! [message #43509 is a reply to message #43508] Tue, 30 December 2003 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ubu is currently offline  Ubu
Esquire
Thanks! I like it too. Technique is mine but you can buy the materials at Home Depot. 2-3 coats primer, 2 coats custom tinted flat latex (oxblood), 1 coat crackle medium, 1 coat flat black (which "cracks" - the kind of cracks you get depends on your technique), 4 coats semi-gloss. I did it on all six sides and it took forever......

wont load for me either [message #43548 is a reply to message #43503] Sat, 03 January 2004 02:02 Go to previous message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)

and im using broadband!

:-S

Previous Topic: T-nut spinning in place - what to do?
Next Topic: Studio Two Pi Tower Plans, Please!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 04:49:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio