Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Theater 4 cutout problem
Theater 4 cutout problem [message #43399] Tue, 16 December 2003 18:18 Go to next message
newsjeff is currently offline  newsjeff
Baron
I am in the last few hours of finishing my Pi Theater 4 speakers. I have made all the cutouts on the baffle. However, the hole I made for the horn flare (Eminence H290) seems too big. I could have sworn I made the cuts according to Wayne's plan. But most likely it's my mistake.
The mounting holes for the lens are only about 1/8" from the edge of the hole. I was planning to use t-nuts, but there is no room. I'm even afraid to use regular mounting screws because the holes would be so close to the cutout. Any suggestions? Thanks early.
Re: Theater 4 cutout solution [message #43401 is a reply to message #43399] Tue, 16 December 2003 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

You could cut some strips of wood 1/4 x 3/4 (for 3/4 baffle) glue them on to the edge of the hole with yellow glue and use 1" blue masking tape to clamp the 1/4" thick strips to the edge of the cut out. Make sure you tape them in place so the strips are in no way proud of the baffle on the front side. It would be a good idea to let this one sit overnight before continuing on.

Bill

Re: Theater 4 cutout problem [message #43402 is a reply to message #43399] Tue, 16 December 2003 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You've described a common issue. I hate how thin the lip is on that tweeter horn. The solution I've found is to run the mounting screws at an angle so they bite into more wood.
Re: Theater 4 cutout problem [message #43403 is a reply to message #43399] Tue, 16 December 2003 19:06 Go to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
You could also use an adhesive, a "removable" one, like a siliconized latex. Lay the box on its back, run a bead, and drop the horn into the hole. Next morning you're good to go.
Previous Topic: tweeter inductor
Next Topic: Update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 18:17:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout