Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4pi or 7pi?
4pi or 7pi? [message #43377] Mon, 15 December 2003 16:37 Go to next message
jdarg is currently offline  jdarg
Esquire
Wayne, can you please email me plans for both? I'm trying to decide between them and plan on building after the holidays.

Which would you recommend for a 15x16x8' room? The room is a drywalled basement room with a very small window, single door in the back behind my listening position, carpeted concrete floor. The ceiling is also drywalled - it is not a drop ceiling. I'll be using both PP and SET tube amps.

I'm currently leaning towards the Professional w/ Eminence HF but in your opinion do you think it's worth ponying up the extra $500 or so for JBL compression drivers or will the eminence HF drivers get me "95% of the way there"?

Thanks,
-jdarg

You've got mail! [message #43380 is a reply to message #43377] Mon, 15 December 2003 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I really love π cornerhorns, and that's what I'd suggest for you. Then again, four π's are more versatile since they don't need corners.
Re: You've got mail! [message #43398 is a reply to message #43380] Tue, 16 December 2003 17:47 Go to previous message
jdarg is currently offline  jdarg
Esquire
Thanks for the plans Wayne - I can't wait for tax returns!!!
Previous Topic: Worlds Best Loudspeakers?
Next Topic: tweeter inductor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 15:25:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout