Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Did I ever mention that Pi's are loud?
Did I ever mention that Pi's are loud? [message #43247] Tue, 02 December 2003 13:19 Go to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think I'm playing my speakers way too loud without realizing it. Sometimes, when I'm sitting at work, or late at night, I can feel my ears burn and hum, like they do after a concert. And I'm usually at least 15 ft away from the speakers when I listen to them. I don't stick my head against them anymore. Learned that lesson quick enough.

Guess that's one of the drawbacks of having speakers that are highly efficent and can take a lot of power without distortion ;-)

gar.

Re: Did I ever mention that Pi's are loud? [message #43250 is a reply to message #43247] Tue, 02 December 2003 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toxicport.e is currently offline  toxicport.e
Baron
I find that with my JBL 2226,i leave it going for an afternoon and i get a headache..when im in the next room.

perhaps my ears arent screaming because my main speakers are quiet(not Pis)

and im only nearing 107db with 10watts in corner..

Re: Did I ever mention that Pi's are loud? [message #43255 is a reply to message #43250] Wed, 03 December 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
I think my problem is that I'm used to judging volume by distortion. If I don't hear any, it can't be that loud. I only realize how loud I've been listening to music with the Pi Towers when I took out the garbage and clearly heard the music from the side of the street. I'm pretty sure I've been listening at concert levels without realizing it.
Re: Did I ever mention that Pi's are loud? [message #43259 is a reply to message #43255] Wed, 03 December 2003 23:19 Go to previous message
toxicport.e is currently offline  toxicport.e
Baron
Quite likely!
Previous Topic: PI DJ SPEAKERS
Next Topic: 2Pi Tower Update: APT80 Tweeters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 16 07:21:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio