Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » PI DJ SPEAKERS
PI DJ SPEAKERS [message #43241] Mon, 01 December 2003 19:34 Go to next message
Ty is currently offline  Ty
Esquire
I have heard about PI DJ speakers can anyone tell mea bout them or where on the site they can be found i havent be able to find them. THANKS
Re: PI DJ SPEAKERS [message #43243 is a reply to message #43241] Mon, 01 December 2003 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
What models of π speakers are you looking for that you haven't found on the π Speakers website? A description would suffice if you don't know model numbers.
Re: PI DJ SPEAKERS [message #43245 is a reply to message #43243] Tue, 02 December 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Hi thanks for responding. I do not know the model numbers but they are very small apx.4 intch speakers incased with a metal grill.They also have lenses on them to direct the sound and the package comes with 2 of these small speakers and a sub. Also included is the 2 speaker stands and a carring case for everything.I hope that helps o could not find them on the site are they posably a few years old?
Re: PI DJ SPEAKERS [message #43246 is a reply to message #43241] Tue, 02 December 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant Marshall is currently offline  Grant Marshall
Chancellor

Hi Ty.

Someone may have made a comment about PI DJ speakers but many models of Pi's use professional (read DJ) components. This means you need very little power to make a lot of sound, then to top it off you can put a lot of power into them (translation - you can make yourself deaf or fill a big room :-) ).

What you might want to do is check the "price list" and click a few links. You will notice that some speakers are rated at 1000 watts. What you can't appreciate until you hear them is that one watt will fill most rooms in your house at what is considered "loud" levels. Many of Waynes designs use "horns" which are more efficient than other speaker designs. They can also be used to fill big rooms.

Note that the price list shows Complete price and kit price. Most people that don't live close to Wayne order the pieces and buy the wood to make the cabinets themselves instead of paying high shipping costs.

I hope this helps.

Grant.

Re: PI DJ SPEAKERS [message #43249 is a reply to message #43245] Tue, 02 December 2003 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
You are describing a speaker that was made by Music Industries around 1999. They made a batch using the π name. After discovering this, I made them aware that the π name is a federally registered trademark, and they immediately changed the name of this product to "Prime." I don't know if they are still in production or not.

The company "Music Industries" has no relation with π Speakers and their products are nothing like the π Speakers discussed here. The proprietors are nice fellows, but their products are wholly dissimilar.

Re: PI DJ SPEAKERS [message #43251 is a reply to message #43249] Tue, 02 December 2003 19:53 Go to previous message
Esquire
Thank you for explaining this i was totaly lost.
Previous Topic: Pi Crossover
Next Topic: Did I ever mention that Pi's are loud?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 12:15:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio