Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » My wife thinks I'm crazy!
My wife thinks I'm crazy! [message #43055] Sun, 16 November 2003 17:43 Go to next message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount
I drove 10 hours to pick up Bill E's damaged 4 Pi theatre cabinets Saturday. When my wife saw them - she PALED - the veneer is peeling off everywhere - they look like they were made from a birch tree with a disease :) . They are going to sound beautiful - just what to do about the exterior now. Do people really spend that much time LOOKING at their speakers ?

regards
craig.

ps. at least my wife has a great story to tell all her friends this week.

And just what makes you think she is wrong? [message #43060 is a reply to message #43055] Mon, 17 November 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bubbawat is currently offline  Bubbawat
Chancellor
The most common comment by the insane is "I am not insane"....
Cosmetic damage maybe - but the cabinets where sound construction [message #43061 is a reply to message #43055] Mon, 17 November 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Craig,
The cabinets are very solid construction and you were informed about the veneer lifting up(by me on the phone). You will be very happy with these and the damage(???) is cosmetics only. Just re-veneer them and sit back and relax and enjoy them.
Ron
Re: Cosmetic damage maybe - but the cabinets where sound construction [message #43062 is a reply to message #43061] Mon, 17 November 2003 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount
I agree.

I knew what I was getting and am not bitching at all about that - just thought my wife's reaction was humorous.

craig

My girlfriend is same way [message #43063 is a reply to message #43062] Mon, 17 November 2003 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Craig,
My girlfriends kids think that their mom should get rid of the JBL 2226/JBL horn driver system i set up for her with Marantz 2325 receiver. They say: "Mom, why can't we sell these and get a nice Bose system???" Well, I told her I could have saved a lot of money if I had done that instead of giving her a system that most girlfriends would die for!!!

I saw on a previous post that you also purchased another set of 4 Pi cabinets, that would make for a big home theatre setup if you have a large enough room. Thanks for the reply and have fun with the speakers when you fill the guts in!!!
Ron

Re: Hand the wife a quart of mineral spirits and a scraper [message #43072 is a reply to message #43055] Mon, 17 November 2003 15:34 Go to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
As you surmised, I was going for the "paper birch" look:).
The peeling is the result of veneering the cabinets with 3M spray rubber cement 2 days before MAF and driving 90 miles to Lima in the pouring rain. Although wrapped in plastic, the moisture got in there. They looked okay in Lima, got progressively worse back home. Your wife sounds like a pretty bright girl. Keep her!
No more rubber cement, this veneer is likely to stay on:

Creating is more like performing than listening
Previous Topic: xover
Next Topic: Wayne, requesting 7 Pi plans for 2226 corner cabinet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 05:30:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers