Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Recent speaker project pics
Recent speaker project pics [message #43020] Thu, 13 November 2003 08:28 Go to previous message
jlharden is currently offline  jlharden
Viscount
Here's a few pics of my recently assembled Voigt pipes. They are naked right now, as I didn't expect them to sound good enough to warrant a nice finish. Turns out they sound better than I could have imagined. They really give the illusion of a lot of width and depth, with precise placement of instruments and performers. Music never sounds congested. They really excell in tonality, instruments sound real! And the suprise is they are very dynamic sounding. They will really get up and go without getting edgy or strained. The Voight or TQWT is said to act like a combination of a transmission line and backloaded horn. I was extremely skeptical, but doubt their capabilities no more. They would never replace a big horn speaker system for me, but they will never embarrass themselves either. I'll soon be starting the Seven Pi Pro speakers that I've been gathering parts for, for many years now. In the meantime, I've "practiced" and had some fun. Good Hobby!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Thermio Seven Pi Pro (16 ohm x-over values)
Next Topic: Bi-wire tweak and Question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 12:20:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout