Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Anyone good with Speaker Workshop???
Anyone good with Speaker Workshop??? [message #42927] Thu, 06 November 2003 10:44 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm sort of limping along here on Speaker Workshop until my copy of Sound Easy 8.00 arrives in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to design a relatively simple 2-way crossover for a friend of mine based on limited information using two 4 ohm Vifa 7" drivers in series, and a North Creek D25 tweeter. I tweaked with the values a lot to try and get a reasonable frequency response. I finally settled on a 2nd order network on the tweeter using a 2.5 uF cap bypassed with an 8 ohm resistor and a 0.2 mH coil, and a simple 1 mH choke on the Vifas. I also put into place a zobel on the woofers, with a 10 uF cap and an 8 ohm resistor.

The result is a frequency response that appears to be +- 2db in the 86-90 db range, with the exception of a rise above 20 kHz, which I suspect is just a weird anomoly in the program.

Having said that, I really don't trust this software much and particularly in this case when it comes to having the two Vifas wired in series. I was also expecting a reference sensitivity more along the lines of 90-91 db, rather than the 88 or so I've managed to achieve. Also, the reverse phase null is a fairly deep 17db, but I'm not sure if it's deep enough to indicate a truly smooth phase transition

I just don't trust this program I guess... Maybe someone could reply here or e-mail me with some thoughts and suggestions, perhaps we could flesh things out a little more.

If anyone could offer their assistance (espcially Wayne!!!) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

Adam

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to choose the correct Horn??
Next Topic: Greatings from Italia
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 11:29:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout